1UpAccess is pleased to offer the MEWPs for Managers (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms) at their ‘all weather’ Training Centre in Bolton on 27th October.
As a Manager you must be able to demonstrate your competence to plan, supervise and manage the use of MEWPs. The 1 Up Access IPAF MEWPs for Managers Course will prepare you for MEWP projects within your business.
Course length is 1 full day at the competitive price of 150.00 plus VAT pp this price includes all IPAF registration & certification fees and lunch is also provided free parking is available at the Centre, and the course starts at 8 am for availability or further details please contact our Training Department on 0161 300 7207 Course Aim To instruct a Supervisor or Manager in what is required to prepare for and safely co-ordinate various types of Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWPs) within their control.
At the end of the course the candidate will be aware of current legislation, different types & Classifications of MEWPS, Machine Selection, Correct PPE, Safe use and operation, be able to identify misuse and abuse of MEWPS, Planning and maintenance considerations.
• MEWP Regulations & Standards
• Hire Terms & Conditions
• Machine classification and use
• Structural parts & MEWP Selection
• Operator training and familiarisation
• Operator daily inspection
• MEWP personal fall protection
• Safe operating methods and hazard awareness
• Safety Beyond training
• Theory test
• Course evaluation
Key learning objectives
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Understand the importance of pre-use checks and of the daily maintenance carried out prior to commencing work
•Understand the regulations relevant to MEWP usage
• Use the correct emergency procedures, capacities and limitations to enable safe operation
• Correctly select MEWPs
• Correctly select fall protection equipment Who should attend Anyone who supervises or plans working at heights. The course consists of classroom based tutorials, demonstrations, practical and test.